Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 5 Solutions

This week I discovered the notion of alternative assessment and discussed the advantages and disadvantages of PBL. I was glad I could share my forum rubrics with my coursemates. It was interesting to see what kinds of assessment could be used by my colleagues. The rubistar website is a great invention itself as it allows teachers to get access any types of rubrics.

Finally, I had an opportunity to sharLinke my solutions for the issues mentioned last week. The links I would like to use are www.prezi.com and www.squidoo.com. Now I need to decide which one would be more profitable for my class. Both would be too many, probably!

Moreover, I would like to share with you this video "Filter Bubbles". It made me wonder what kind of information we actually get and who decides what to "absorb".

Have a wonderful weekend and a very easy week!

Tatsiana

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tatsiana,

    I agree with you. When I posted to Nicenet, I said that RubiStar was like a magic wand because it is a really useful tool.

    I have tried to see the video Filter Bubbles, but I could not do it. I think it is my internet connection. I will keep on trying.

    Regards,
    Genny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Genny,

    It takes time to download it and that can be the problem. See the link below, it may help http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser_beware_online_filter_bubbles.html

    Good luck!
    Tatsiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tatsiana,

    We have worked hard this week. We created rubrics, analysed the articles and materials, worked on WebQuest and exchanged our ideas and experience. We deserve a good weekend.

    I decided to start mine with watching the video the link of which you kindly provided.
    I liked it very much. Ted spoke about the things that we don't think of when we work with technology. So, now we'll have a topic to think about during the weekend.

    Enjoy your time!

    Elmira.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tatsiana
    Great video. Filter bubbles, I believe, are a greater symptom of the modern world. For example, watching TV from cable or satellite there are hundreds of channels, and what we see or learn about can be isolated, and self-selected. I guess like most technology, "filter bubbles" do this isolating even more effectively. It does seem counter to the original promise of the internet, as Eli Pariser states. Thanks for sharing this one.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete